As much as we all love Spring and the warm weather it brings, it also means pollen, dust from spring cleaning, and tons of new allergies. Sneezing, congestion, itchy eyes are just some of the allergy symptoms that we have to look forward to. Allergies are so common among people in the world yet not many people know much about them. G&T put together some quick facts about allergies to help keep you informed about the Spring season.
- The percentage of people in the U.S. that tests positive to one or more allergens is 55%.
- Allergy Rhinitis occurs when a harmless substance (allergen) enters your body through the nose, throat or eyes and is identified a harmful substance by your immune system.
- Non- Allergic Rhinitis has symptoms that resemble an allergy, but there is no known cause. Unlike Allergic Rhinitis, it does not involve the immune system and symptoms can last year round.
- Allergic Rhinitis affects 10- 30% of all adults in the U.S. and as many as 40% of children.
- The number of people who think they just have chronic Allergic Rhinitis symptoms (runny nose, itchy eyes, sneezing, etc.) but who actually have Non-Allergic Rhinitis are 1 out of 3.
- The ragweed pollen season has increased by 4 weeks in the last 10- 15 years.
With so many people being effected by allergies, Green and Tonic felt it was important to help out. Feeling miserable is not something we want you to suffer through this Spring which is why we created a potent care package with herbal and home remedies to optimize your function so you can enjoy the beauty of the season. The Allergy Relief Kit includes Nettles, Firecider and a Sinus blend.
- Nettles is an anti- inflammatory and acts as a natural antihistamine to suppress allergic responses. It is a great source of quercetin, a plant- derived flavonoid that supports the body’s natural response to allergens.
- Firecider is an immunity and digestion booster. Apple cider has always been a common drink in the Northeast, and this is Green and Tonic’s spin on it. It soothes sore throats and helps fend off colds and flus. It also fires up your digestive juices and will put a pep back in your step!
- Sinus is a blend of potent herbs such as Yerba Santa, Bayberry, Goldenseal, Eyebright, Calamus and Mullein. Together all of these herbs are a natural remedy for migraine headaches and can alleviate congestion which leads to colds and ear aches.
- Come to any of our Green and Tonic store locations to pick up your Allergy Relief Kit and help yourself feel better and enjoy this beautiful Spring season.
[button size=”medium” style=”primary” text=”Purchase” link=”http://greenandtonic.com/shop/allergy-relief-kit/”]